240 - 2018 Day Camp - Butterworth - Week 1
Mon Jun 11, 9:00 AM - Fri Jun 15, 4:00 PM EDT
Camp Butterworth 8551 Butterworth Rd, Maineville, OH, 45039 Map
Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette
Week 1 - June 11-15, 2018 - Camp Butterworth
- Tiny Tinkerers - Tinker and play all day in this fun STEM themed week at camp. You'll take on the egg drop challenge, make giant bubbles and create your very own wigglebot. You'll also get to swim in the pool, go on hikes and enjoy other camp activities when you're not busy tinkering. Girls will explore the Daisy Robotics badges.
- Gru's Crew - Calling all minon fans, this week of silly fun is just for you! Go bananas in Gru's secret lab, go on a banana scavenger hut, try minion bowling, make your own minion accessories, and more! Girls will explore the Inventor badge.
- Engineers to the Rescue - Find your inner engineer at this exciting STEM session! An earthquake has ruined your perfect camping trip, your cell phone is dead, your food has fallen off a cliff, and your water pump is broken. Can you engineer you way out of this mess? Build a water filter, wind-powered crank and a rubber band car. Don't worry, you'll also have plenty of time to participate in traditional camp activities.
- Rock'n Robots - Use your creativity and think outside the box to solve problems while building and programming a LEGO robot. You'll also learn about engineering by building your very own marshmallow catapult, design ingenious ways to solve problems and show off your creations during camp’s version of Shark Tank . Girls will explore the Business Plan and Entrepreneur badges.
- Program Aide Training - Earn your PA award while working with Brownies at Day Camp! Spend your first day with your fellow PAs in training, then spend the rest of the week in the unit with girls. Girls will be awarded their pin on Friday before they head home. Girls attending this session must have completed their Leader In Action award (LiA).
- Butterworth Program Aide - If you have completed Program Aide training and would like to spend the week at day camp working with girls developing leadership, team building, and programming skills, then this is a great opportunity for you! Work with camp staff to implement programs such as badge work, crafts, nature hikes, singing, and more. PAs need to be dropped off and picked up each day, or use the transportation provided.