240 - 2018 Resident Camp - Libbey - Week 6
Sun Jul 22, 2:00 PM - Fri Jul 27, 5:00 PM EST
Camp Libbey 28325 St. Rt 281, Defiance, OH, 43512 Map
$165-$445 depending on session
Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador
Week 6 - July 22-27, 2018 - Camp Libbey
- Tents & Tiaras - Have you ever wondered how a princess would camp? Of course the week will be filled with a little glitz and glamour but every princess needs to know some good ole’ Girl Scout camping skills! Spend a night glamping in a tent and learn basic fire safety. You’ll get to design your own tiara and plan a tea party fit for a queen. Girls will work towards their Outdoor Adventurer badge.
- Sharks & Minnows -Summer is the perfect time to spend your days playing in the water! There is plenty of water fun to be had at Camp Libbey. Besides spending plenty of time pool side, learn new water games and have a water game field day, take a trip down our giant slip ‘n slide, and have a floating lunch! You’ll have plenty of time to make a craft to take home and cook a s’more over the fire! Girls will work towards their Fair Play badge.
- Little Backpackers - Love to explore? Have dreams of big adventures? Plan to be an experienced camper one day? Get your start here! This week is all about building your camping skills. You will sleep out of your unit for two nights in pop-up tents, hike the trails of camp, and cook at least three meals over a fire at camp. Work on the skills you need to be safe and comfortable outdoors. Girls will work towards their Hiker and First Aid badges.
- S'more this, S'more that, S'more Camp! - S’mores are a campfire favorite and a Girl Scout tradition! Enjoy one (or four!) and many other traditional camp activities during this summer camp sampler! Try your hand at archery, make some tie-dye to take home, and try out the canoes! You’ll leave wanting s’more summer camp adventures! Girls will work toward their Camper badge.
- Climbers R Us - It’s time to take a challenge and scale to new heights. Begin on the ground learning to spot and work together as a team to complete challenges. Then conquer the climbing wall and work as a team with your camp friends to build the tallest crate tower in the history of camp! You’ll still have plenty of time to make a tasty treat over the fire and take a dip in the pool.
- You Did What at Camp?! - Did you ever want to take a midnight swim? Or raid the kitchen to create an ultimate snack? How about make a huge fort to sleep in? Use this week to create a unique camping experience that reinvents what it means to camp! You and your bunkmates will have the opportunity to plan new and crazy things to do while still having time to enjoy some more traditional options like the climbing wall and archery. Girls will work toward their Camper badge.
- Canoe Escape - Enjoy learning the ins and out of canoeing. Paddle with a partner while you learn different stroke and how to maneuver a canoe. Play canoe games and try your hand at building your own floating raft. Test your skills with a relaxing float trip down the Maumee River (or area lake if the water is high). When you’re not on the water, try your hand at archery, the climbing wall, and make a craft or two to take home. Girls will work on their Camper badge.
- Boots & Saddles - Are you passionate about horses and ready to ride? You’ll head to Dusty Boots Ranch each day to learn the basics of horseback riding. Once your skills are assessed, you’ll either learn how to take care of a horse, practice grooming skills, learn to stop, steer, and control your horse or work on more advanced skills. Go on a trail ride weather permitting. Back at Camp Libbey swim, do target sports, hike, cook out, and much more!
- The Ultimate Hangout - Camping doesn’t have to be in a tent or a cabin! Come learn the ins and outs of hammock camping. You and your team will search camp to find the perfect spot to hang your hammocks, then camp out for the night in style. Choose to sleep out one or multiple nights! You’ll also enjoy a cook out, pool time, and hanging out on the rock wall! Hammocks will be provided.
- Fandom of the Day Club - You read their books, you watch them on the big screen, now spend a week exploring your favorite fandoms with girls just as excited about them as you! Bring your books and knowledge and spend each day focusing on a different fandom. From a galaxy far far away to Platform 9 ¾ and beyond try your hand at lightsaber fights, games of quidditch, adventurous challenges just like your favorite characters. While you’re at it develop your own story and write your own comics to begin your path as the next great author! Girls will work toward their Comic Book artist badge.
- Paddler Paradise: Chain O'Lakes - Get ready for a great canoeing adventure, all while camping, cooking and living out of a backpack. You'll spend three days and two nights exploring a bunch of small connected lakes at Chain O’ Lakes State Park in Indiana. Before you leave camp, you'll learn to pack your backpack and canoe, plus practice your canoe skills. Come back to camp just in time for final campfire, where you can share stories from your amazing adventure with the rest of camp! Girls should have prior canoeing experience. Girls will work towards their Paddling or Ultimate Recreation Challenge badges.
- Counselor-in-Training I - This two-week opportunity is for girls who are ready to begin exploring the pathway to camp leadership. Topics covered in training include: introduction to the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, age and social characteristics of younger campers, essential skills needed to be a great counselor, and how to lead songs and games. CIT I’s will spend nights in their own unit and receive ongoing supervision and leadership guidance from the CIT Director, while building teamwork skills, and observing unit staff. Girls will work towards their CIT pin. Girls will go home between their two weeks