240 - 2018 Resident Camp - Whip Poor Will - Week 2
Sun Jun 17, 2:00 PM - Fri Jun 22, 5:00 PM EDT
Camp Whip Poor Will 3223 Middleboro Rd, Morrow, OH, 45152 Map
$165-$505 depending on session
Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador
Week 2 - June 17-22, 2018 - Camp Whip Poor Will
- Tents & Tiaras -Have you ever wondered how a princess would camp? Of course the week will be filled with a little glitz and glamour but every princess needs to know some good ole’ Girl Scout camping skills! Spend a night glamping in a tent and learn basic fire safety. You’ll get to design your own tiara and plan a tea party fit for a queen. Girls will work towards their Outdoor Adventurer badge.
- Sharks & Minnows -Summer is the perfect time to spend your days playing in the water! There is plenty of water fun to be had at Camp Whip Poor Will. Besides spending plenty of time pool side, learn new water games and have a water game field day, take a trip down our giant slip ‘n slide, and have a floating lunch! You’ll have plenty of time to make a craft to take home and cook a s’more over the fire! Girls will work towards their Fair Play badge.
- Little Backpackers - Love to explore? Have dreams of big adventures? Plan to be an experienced camper one day? Get your start here! This week is all about building your camping skills. You will sleep out of your unit for two nights in pop-up tents, hike the trails of camp, and cook at least three meals over a fire at camp. Work on the skills you need to be safe and comfortable outdoors. Girls will work towards their Hiker and First Aid badges.
- S'more this, S'more that, S'more Camp! - S’mores are a campfire favorite and a Girl Scout tradition! Enjoy one (or four!) and many other traditional camp activities during this summer camp sampler! Try your hand at archery, make some tie-dye to take home, and try out the canoes! You’ll leave wanting s’more summer camp adventures! Girls will work toward their Camper badge.
- Jewelry Rebels - Who said jewelry had to sparkle with jewels? It’s time to create your own brand of jewelry with things you find around camp. You’ll learn how to use the tools of the trade, work with metal, and making jewelry that is as unique as you. Take a break from all of your hard work to cook over a campfire and try out other fun camp activities.
- The Lost Girls - Join the Lost Girls for a week of fun, adventure, and mischief! You and your fellow “Lost Girls�? will explore camp to find and build your perfect hideout, lay out under the stars, and work on your archery skills. In true Lost Girls fashion, you’ll also stir up a little mischief, too! You’ll use catapults to launch water balloons during a water balloon fight, hoist your flag up the flag pole without getting caught, and much more! To top it all off, have a sleep-in breakfast at the Lost Girl’s Hideout. Girls will work toward their Camper badge.
- Muggle Magic -Your owl arrived -- your acceptance letter is here! Now hop on board the Hogwarts Express! Upon arrival, you'll be sorted into one of our four houses. Don't forget, your achievements will earn you house points! Try out some classes like Potions, Herbology, or Care of Magical Creatures. Try your hand at Quidditch and brew up your own version of butterbeer!
- Horsin' Around - Are you ready to get on a horse for the first time? You’ll head to Camp Kern each day to learn the basics of horseback ride! Once your skills are assessed, you’ll either learn how to take care of a horse; practice grooming skills; learn to stop, steer, and control your horse; or work on more advanced skills. Go on a trail ride, weather permitting. Back at Whip Poor Will, you'll swim, do target sports, hike, cook out, and much more! Juniors will work towards their Horse badge.
- Saddle Up - Are you ready to take your riding to the next level? Spend each day at Camp Kern where you’ll work on more advanced skills. Go on a trail ride, weather permitting. Back at Whip Poor Will, you'll do all the fun camp activities like swimming, target sports, hiking, cooking out, and much more! Prerequisites: Girls must have attended Horsin' Around or Saddle Up during previous years at camp or other horse experience. Juniors will work towards their Horse badge.
- The Ultimate Hangout - Camping doesn’t have to be in a tent or a cabin! Come learn the ins and outs of hammock camping. You and your team will search camp to find the perfect spot to hang your hammocks, then camp out for the night in style. Choose to sleep out one or multiple nights! You’ll also enjoy a cook out, pool time, and hanging out on the rock wall! Hammocks will be provided.
- Art Attack - Do you dream of being an artist? Come have fun exploring different art projects and discover your creative side. Throughout the week, visit with a professional artist in her studio. There you will create stained glass art and experiment with polymer beads! Meanwhile, back at camp you’ll still get to do fun activities like swimming, cook outs, campfires, and more!
- Cliff Hangers - Red River Gorge - You've climbed the wall. You've conquered the high ropes course. Now its time to try the real thing! Head down to the Red River Gorge where you will meet with certified climbing guides and spend a day learning your knots, how to belay, and how to climb on real rocks. Then spend a second day in a harness learning how to rappel. You'll still have plenty of time to hike and check out all that Red River Gorge has to offer. Girls will work towards their Adventurer or Ultimate Recreation Challenge badges.
- Counselor-in-Training I -This two-week opportunity is for girls who are ready to begin exploring the pathway to camp leadership. Topics covered in training include: introduction to the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, age and social characteristics of younger campers, essential skills needed to be a great counselor, and how to lead songs and games. CIT I’s will spend nights in their own unit and receive ongoing supervision and leadership guidance from the CIT Director, while building teamwork skills, and observing unit staff. Girls will work towards their CIT pin. Girls will go home between their two weeks