240 - 2018 Resident Camp - Whip Poor Will - Week 4
Sun Jul 01, 2:00 PM - Tue Jul 03, 5:00 PM EDT
Camp Whip Poor Will 3223 Middleboro Rd, Morrow, OH, 45152 Map
$165-$275 depending on session
Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador
Week 4 - July 1-3, 2018 - Camp Whip Poor Will
- Adventure is Out There! -Adventure is everywhere at Camp Whip Poor Will! Become a mini explorer -- shoot paintball sling shots, discover critters on a creek stomp, and scale to the top of our climbing wall. Don’t forget to make a night time snack over the fire before you go! Campers will work toward their Outdoor Adventurer badge.
- Brownie Bites - Mix it, pour it, bake it! Have a tasty time learning the basics of cooking the sweetest of treats. Discover how to make your own cola, toast a treat over the fire, make GORP for a hike, or bake cupcakes! Decide with your new friends what will taste the best, and then get cooking! You’ll even decorate a recipe box to take home so you can share your new skills. Girls will work toward their Snacks badge.
- Midnight Society - It’s the official meeting of the Midnight Society -- will you join? The Midnight Society solemnly swears to explore camp after dark, take a late night swim, sleep under the stars, practice our target skills with sling shots and glow paint, and any other ideas you may come up with! You will enjoy sleep-in breakfasts and daytime activities, too! Girls will work toward their Camper badge.
- Way Finder - Learn how to find your way with a compass as you explore the many trails of camp. Go on a scavenger hunt to find the hidden mysteries of camp, plus learn to use a GPS as you look for geocaches located around camp. Make a compass craft and don’t forget to locate the pool and archery range. Girls will work toward their Geocacher badge.
- Wild Things - Let the wild rumpus begin! We will be exploring all about the 'wild things' of camp. We'll look for signs of animals, learn about what they eat and where they live. We'll even build a habitat to ensure they continue to call camp home. You'll get to do some wild things too, like climb the rock wall and swim in the pool. Girls will work towards their animal habitat badge.
- Wanderers - Pack a backpack and wander out to the less-traveled trails of camp! Spend your session exploring parts of camp not many others see. On your second night, pick a spot and set up camp, cook your dinner, and sleep under the stars. Learn about Leave No Trace ethics and gain outdoor skills that will help you on future backpacking trips. Girls will work towards their Trailblazing badge.
- Kicking it Camp Style - Camp for the Camp Pro. Do all the best that camp has to offer. Climb the high challenge course, take aim at the archery range, and have a rocking lunch party at the pool. This session is all about celebrating the joys of camp. You and your group will get to choose a few additional activities too!
- Adventure Challenge - It’s time to challenge yourself to complete a daring adventure! Head off camp for an exciting adventure at an aerial adventure park where you can test your skills traversing over 25 different elements 30 feet in the air. You’ll spend the night away from camp pitching your own tent and cooking over the fire. Explore some local attractions before heading back to camp. Girls will work towards their Ultimate Recreation Challenge or Adventurer badges.