Masks are not required during outdoor activities where social distance can be maintained.
Masks are required for all Girl Scout activities that take place in indoor settings (girls and adult activities) or outdoors when participants cannot be socially distanced.
Exceptions: Masks may be removed even when social distance cannot be kept when:
- Eating or drinking, swimming, or participating in vigorous exercise
- Sleeping at overnight events
All participants in Girl Scout activities, including troop meetings, should:
- Maintain 6-feet social distance among all participants (girls and volunteers) at all times.
- Wear masks covering their mouth and nose, except when outside and can maintain 6-feet social distance, and during vigorous outdoor activities, when swimming, and during eating, drinking, and sleeping.
- Maintain existing family, troop and/or social groups, where possible, and divide up larger groups into smaller cohorts that stay together during event.
- Limit shared items that may be touched by multiple participants, including food, to greatest extent possible.
- Discuss COVID-19 requirements and troop plans with parents and caregivers to get their support.
- Include and review the following statement with parents / caregivers, in all annual or single use Activity Permission Forms.
By participating in Girl Scouts, you agree to the following:
I acknowledge that COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily in the community. I agree to adhere to Girl Scouts of Western Ohio and state and local guidelines and mandates. I will take all reasonable precautions to limit potential exposure for myself, girls, volunteers, and families, based on Girl Scouts of Western Ohio and state guidelines. I will hold Girl Scouts of Western Ohio harmless and waive all right to legal action, if I or my girl contracts COVID through exposure at a Girl Scout event.
All Girl Scout volunteers, parents, and girls should continue to:
- Wash hands regularly and wipe down high-touch areas before and after use.
- Never attend an in-person Girl Scout meeting, event, or other activity when exhibiting a fever or other indications of illness, while waiting for COVID-19 test results, or if under quarantine.