Family Adventure Patch
Girl Scouts of Western Ohio is excited to announce the Family Adventure Patch!
Complete at least six of the activities below and post a photo or video of you and your family engaged in an activity to social media (tag with #GirlScoutsFamilyAdventure).
- Show your Girl Scout spirit! Rock your favorite Girl Scout gear and have your family members wear Girl Scout green.
- Make s’mores together over a campfire, in an oven, or even in a microwave—a sweet Girl Scout tradition. Did you know Girl Scouts is credited with creating the s’mores recipe?
- Research Girl Scout founder, Juliette Gordon Low, and have a discussion about her life during dinner.
- Interview your family members to find out if they were Girl Scouts. Learn what was different and same then versus now.
- Spend time outdoors together. Go on a hike, take a nature walk, go camping, or pursue another outdoor adventure as a family.
- Identify an issue in the community that is important to your family, and do a community service project together.
- Attend a Girl Scout event together.
- Find out how your family can help your Girl Scout troop.
- Visit the G.I.R.L. Resource Center at your regional office, and explore the retail store to see what badges you may want to earn.
- Show your troop leader appreciation, by writing or drawing a thank you note.
The first 100 members who visit a council store and show us their Girl Scout family photo on social media will receive a free patch. Additional patches will be available for purchase in council stores.