240 - 2019 Day Camp - Butterworth - Week 8
Mon Jul 29, 9:00 AM - Fri Aug 02, 4:00 PM EST
Camp Butterworth 8551 Butterworth Rd, Maineville, OH, 45039 Map
Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette
Week 8 - July 29-August 2, 2019 - Camp Butterworth
- Aspiring Artists Do you like to paint and outside? What better program where you will make a colorful painting outdoors, have a color race, search for sounds in nature, and perform a play for your friends. Girls will complete the Outdoor Art Maker Badge.
- Busy Bees Be a busy bee this week at camp as you work on your Bugs and Potter Badges! You'll investigate the world of bugs and learn about what types of flowers bees like before making a bee garden. You'll also make beads to make your own jewelry, go to the creek to find clay, create a pinch pot, and paint your pottery! Also, spend your time in the pool, explore camp, and play games day in and out!
- Dazzling Doodlers I like to doodle, doodle. I like to doodle, doodle. You like to DOODLE! Check out different mediums and smudging techniques to make a drawing, create a Bugs Eye View, create a logo, and host Camp Butterworth's Art Show for all to see while working towards your Drawing Badge.
- Art-Tastic Have fun in the sun while creating your own art adventure! Your group will choose many of your activities throughout the week. Note how the outdoor changes, tie dye, make growing paper, rap about nature, and try your hand at archery -- tie dye archery that is! Girls will work towards the Outdoor Art Apprentice Badge.
- Program Aide Training Earn your PA award while working with Brownies at Day Camp! Spend your first day with your fellow PAs in training, then spend the rest of the week within the unit with girls. Girls will be awarded their pin on Friday before they head home. Girls attending this session must have completed their Leader In Action award (LiA).
- Butterworth Program Aide If you have completed Program Aide training and would like to spend the week at day camp working with girls developing leadership, team building, and programming skills, then this is a great opportunity for you! Work with camp staff to implement programs such as badge work, crafts, nature hikes, singing, and more. PAs need to be dropped off and picked up each day, or use the transportation provided.