Host a Service Unit Event
Service units do amazing programs throughout the year. What better way to show off the GSLE than to invite girls and their families to Service Unit events
When your service unit incorporates Invite a Friend into a service unit event, you will be reimbursed $50 (maximum one reimbursement in the 2021-2022 membership year).
Need some ideas? You could add family activities to:
- Founder's Day / Juliette Gordon Low Birthday Party
- Holidays or service project events
- World Thinking Day
- Girl Scout Week
- 110th Anniversary
- Badge day or campout (any time of the year!)
- Cookie Rally
Plus, the service unit in each (office) region with the highest percentage of troops that are equal to or higher than 2021 will receive a service unit program event delivered by staff in January to March 2022! Your community development manager will work with the winning service unit to develop a program specific for your service unit.
In order to qualify, service units must:
- Pre-identify the event (Date and location can be determined later).
- Host the event for free to attendees.
- Have date, location confirmed and provided to the CDM 6 weeks prior to event (Cookie Rally would need a longer lead time).
- Work with CDM for a registration process.
- Market the event to their connections; examples include invitations for girls, sharing the event on social media platforms, or yard signs.
- Collect girls’ information and share any leads with the CDM to follow up within 5 days of the event.
- Provide an event report form to the CDM.
Your CDM will assist to:
- Print any resources needed to help market the event.
- Provide parent resources for next steps in joining Girl Scouts.
- Create and monitor the registration process as desired by the service unit.
- Follow up with girls and caregivers after the event.
Submit Your Event